You hear about the power of videos for B2B ad nauseum, but I have only seen a few hard stats on why mid-sized businesses should spend the time creating videos to fuel their social media marketing.
Which is why I was glad to find these killer stats from KissMetrics.
The Impact of Video on Sales
- Video testimonials increase sales by 600%
- Web visitors stay twice as long on pages with video
- Shoppers who view a video on a web page are 144% more likely to buy
- The use of video in e-mail results in a 96% increase in click through rates
- Explainer videos increase conversion rates by 20%
I was slow to warm up to using video for social marketing content creation, but I now do all my client content marketing projects using video as the key medium for the original content creation.
I use it for my blog, too. The findability bump (search benefits) of using the social media latecomer Google+ Hangouts and YouTube alone make it a slam-dunk.
However, the real one-two punch comes in the content parceling, repackaging, and repurposing.
Content Marketing Mediums
- Video on Demand (duh!)
- Podcast (by striping the audio out)
- Multiple blog posts (by having the audio transcribed and edited)
From that, and a little preplanning, you can create awesome multimedia eBooks and white papers from your content, too. All that makes video a stupid simple decision.
Marketing Video Types You Consider
- Behind-the-scenes documentary
- Case study
- Company events
- Employee and customer insight and best practices
- Customer testimonials
- Explainer videos
- Industry trade show wrap-ups
- Internal and external thought-leader interviews
- Product demo
- Product reviews
Does Size Matter In Video Marketing?
According to the Forbes Insight’s report, Video in the C-Suite, 36% of executives like videos that are 1 to 3 minutes, while 46% want videos that run from 3 to 5 minutes. Keep it simple. I use 2 to 4 minutes as the rule of thumb.
About The Author
Steve Farnsworth is a Demand Generation Strategist for The @Steveology Group: A Content Marketing agency that drive sales and dominate markets for high tech B2B. You can contact Steve or connect with him on Twitter as @Steveology.
And a special thank you for the very cool team at Racepoint Global for their outstanding work and continued support.